Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Spotted Dog Lichen and other finds

Isn't this the most beautiful Spotted Dog Lichen you have ever seen?
It must have been the subdued November sunlight or maybe it was the skiff of snow, whatever, but if I do say so myself, these are some of the finest obscure nature photos I have ever taken!
Club Moss, aka Running Pine, aka Wolf's Claw Clubmoss
 The spores of Club Moss were once used as camera flash powder.
White Cedar boll
Possible animal den, fisher size.




Redbanded Polypore








Spot on cedar is Common Greenshield lichen
Rock Polypody








Whitewash Lichen

1 comment:

Dan Baughman said...

Sorry cell phone users. I see this photo spread that I designed for the computer doesn't display correctly in the cell format.

Red Lake ice-out moves to May 1

 There's bluebird weather in the forecast the next two weeks and that makes me move my final ice-out prediction to May 1 or one week ear...