Monday, January 4, 2021

Another cougar filmed in Thunder Bay area

 A man in Slate River Valley, about 10 miles from Nolalu, got a video of a cougar on one of his trail cams, Dec. 31. It is the second recording of the big cats in the area this winter. The other came from Kaministiquia, also about 10 miles from here but in a different direction.

I really think now the big cat I saw a couple of months ago was likely a cougar. It was a couple of hundred yards away in our field and seemed the length of a big German Shepherd. It was tawny in colour and moved like a cat. But since I never saw a tail, I put it down as a humungus lynx at the time.

Here's a link to CBC Thunder Bay with the video


No comments:

Red Lake ice-out moves to May 1

 There's bluebird weather in the forecast the next two weeks and that makes me move my final ice-out prediction to May 1 or one week ear...