Thursday, December 24, 2020

When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even

 

Sunrise on the day before Christmas reveals a newly fallen 20 inches of snow

First use of the Kubota tractor and its snowblower this winter

Even, except for the drifts. They sort of undulate.

We just had two days of snow here in this part of Northwestern Ontario and the result is 40-50 centimeters  (18-20 inches). And just like the song goes, it is crisp, -22 C or about -5 F. It was our first major snowfall of the winter. I had only put the snowblower on the tractor a day earlier.

We weren't in danger of having a brown Christmas, however. There were about three inches of white stuff that had gradually accumulated over December before the big blast.

Say, did you see the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn? Me neither. It is preordained that celestial events like this only happen during cloudy skies.

Brenda and I wish you a safe Christmas. That is about the best we can give each other right now. We will make merry next year.

 

2 comments:

Kim Gross said...

I saw the conjunction. You didn't miss much- just looked like a big star. Guess I needed a telescope (or better eyesight!).

Robin Dee Hall said...

Hey Dan was lucky to have a clear night where I could see it through my telescope it was nice but not spectacular but then again I don't know what I really expected I have seen more spectacular things but it was nice to see

I'm 'in the pink' with new wooden lures

 I'm looking forward to trying new wooden lures made by my neighbour, Dwayne Kotala. I'm lucky to get prototypes of what might becom...