Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Warm and gloomy or cold and sunny

Continuous cloudy, snowy weather can be a drag
You would never know it from the photo above but the days now are considerably longer than just a month ago. I notice the extra daylight especially in the evening. Cork and I can take our walk in the late afternoon, getting back home at 5:30 and still have lots of light.
When it comes to winter weather our choice here in Northwestern Ontario is for it to be relatively warm but cloudy or cold and sunny. I prefer the latter. Although I don't get seasonal affective disorder SAD like many others I still feel better when it's sunny.
Dogs love to lay in a sunny spot on the floor during the winter. I decided a few years ago to try it myself. It's wonderful! Find where the sun is beaming mid-afternoon and lay down on a blanket in that spot. The feeling is incredible.

No comments:

Where the heck have I been?

EOSDIS Worldview  Sorry folks, I was out of the country for nearly a month and was not able to update ice-out conditions on Red Lake.  The l...