Saturday, March 30, 2024

Ice-out on Red Lake will be May 8!

 How do I know this?

Well, April is just about here and using my system that says April's weather is the only month that matters when it comes to ice-out, I look at the Weather Network's 14-day forecast and see that the first two weeks of April are expected to have normal temperatures. Normal ice-out is May 8. So there you have it.

If the actual weather differs from the prediction or if the last two weeks of April are not normal, I will adjust my ice-out time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that news and I'm sure you will start packing for your trip to the lake house soon. What's the plan for this years build.

Dan Baughman said...

The plan this year is to finish the inside and move in by July 1. Then build the deck on the front and steps. Left to do after that is the screened porch on the far end of the cabin and metal skirting around the whole building. Then I quit.

Where the heck have I been?

EOSDIS Worldview  Sorry folks, I was out of the country for nearly a month and was not able to update ice-out conditions on Red Lake.  The l...