Sunday, February 11, 2018

Coyote with mange could be in trouble

Coyote has lost hair on its tail due to mange
This coyote with mange is the first animal I have seen this winter with the skin disease. Although there is never a good time for an animal to fall victim to this parasite, I would think it would be especially perilous this winter with the long run of bitter temperatures we have experienced.
Mange is spread animal to animal by the sarcoptic mite.
For some reason Nolalu seems to be a hotspot for mange. I have frequently photographed wolves and coyotes with the condition.
We give our dog, Cork, a drug to make sure he does not contract mange.

No comments:

I'm 'in the pink' with new wooden lures

 I'm looking forward to trying new wooden lures made by my neighbour, Dwayne Kotala. I'm lucky to get prototypes of what might becom...